This blog is where we share our homeschooling journey. Our style is eclectic, employing strategies like notebooking, workboxing, and some relaxed unschooling I like to call organic or free-range learning.
RSS

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Wonder Post on How Kids REALLY Learn to Write!

My oldest daughter, who has a background in early education and chose to unschool her first child, came across a blog post on another homeschool "wonder" blog, Wonder Farm. I just had to turn around and share this great post here. Patricia Zaballos' insights on the subject of teaching kids to write really provided sound encouragement.

Since my husband and I are both published fiction authors, one might actually think we had at least a modicum of confidence on the subject of teaching writing to our child. Alas, it's not true. Bri from the beginning has had difficulties with penmanship and putting thoughts to paper, in part because we suspect some issues like dysgraphic and dyslexia. 

Check out this great post by following the link below. I hope you get as much out of it as I did. Thanks, Patricia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment